What is Best Doctors, 2nd Opinion Service?
Best Doctors 2nd Opinion service are a suite of services that enables you to draw knowledge from medical experts to make sure you have the right diagnosis, treatment and care. Best Doctors can help you:
- Confirm a diagnosis or treatment through an expert review of your medical records
- Get expert answers to questions about a medical condition
What services does Best Doctors 2nd Opinion provide?
Best Doctors provides several services to help you make the right medical decisions:
- In-Depth Medical Reviews through InterConsultation™ service, your diagnosis and treatment plan is reviewed in detail by a leading medical expert. The expert provides a comprehensive report, either confirming the diagnosis or recommending a change. It’s getting a second opinion, only better.
- Ask the Expert– You get expert answers about a diagnosis, treatment or a health condition. Just discuss your concerns and we’ll deliver them to the most appropriate specialist. We’ll even help with what questions to ask.
- Doctor Online – You can submit medical questions online to one of Best Doctors’ carefully selected world leading medical experts and receive an answer within 48 hours.
Re-Claim gets you access to Best Doctors™ services via the member portal.
What types of medical conditions qualify for Best Doctors?
Best Doctors 2nd Opinion provides services for a wide range of medical conditions. They can include all conditions due to sports injuries. Best Doctors does not provide emergency services or services for mental health disorders.
Do I have to travel or collect my own medical records?
Contact with Best Doctors is over the phone or the Internet only. We may ask for your medical records, images or other information related to your medical case. Any records you collect will be sent to us at no cost to you.
Does Best Doctors share information about my case?
Best Doctors is 100% confidential. The Best Doctors expert’s report is shared with your treating doctor(s) only with your consent.
Who are the doctors Best Doctors uses?
Best Doctors physicians include the world’s top medical specialists. They are selected by other doctors through a comprehensive review process. Doctors cannot pay to be included on the Best Doctors list or nominate themselves for consideration.
Do I have to follow Best Doctors recommendations?
No. You are in full control of your healthcare decision-making. The information you receive from Best Doctors is intended to help you make informed decisions regarding your diagnosis and/or treatment.
Can you give me an example of how Best Doctors has helped someone?
There are many examples of Best Doctors helping patients with everything from minor surgery to life-threatening illnesses. You can see patients’ stories via the Best Doctors official website.
How does Best Doctors’ in-depth medical review process (InterConsultation™) work?
- You make a confidential call to Best Doctors.
- A dedicated Best Doctors Member Advocate has an in-depth discussion with you about your medical condition and obtains a full health history.
- With your written approval and assistance, Best Doctors collects all appropriate medical records, images and test samples.
- The Best Doctors clinical team conducts a comprehensive analysis of your case and selects the most appropriate expert(s).
- The expert reviews your case and provides Best Doctors with a detailed report that includes recommendation(s).
- Best Doctors shares the report with you, as well as with your treating doctor with your consent.
- Best Doctors follows up to see if you need any other help.
- Throughout the process, the Best Doctors Member Advocate is available to answer your questions.
How will Best Doctors work with my treating doctor?
Best Doctors shares its expert’s findings only with you. Then Best Doctors will share the expert’s report with your treating doctor with your authorisation. Our goal is to provide useful information so that you and your doctor can make more informed decisions together regarding treatment.
How does the Ask the Expert process work?
- You call Best Doctors with your concern(s).
- A member of the Best Doctors clinical team has an in-depth discussion with you and gather necessary medical information.
- Your questions and medical information are sent to a medical expert for review.
- You receive a report with the expert’s answers within 5-7 days, including suggestions for treatment options.
How does Doctor Online work?
- You submit your basic, non-urgent medical question(s) online.
- Your question is received by one of our carefully selected General Practitioners
- You receive an answer within 48 hours.
Isn’t asking for a second opinion from Best Doctors insulting to my doctor?
Not at all. Treating doctors who have worked with Best Doctors appreciate having access to respected experts with knowledge on innovative diagnostic and treatment protocols that might not be available in their local communities.
How will Best Doctors maintain my privacy?
Best Doctors complies with all relevant national, international laws and regulations related to patient privacy. Unless required by law, your details will NOT be shared with anyone, without your written consent.
Do I have to use Best Doctors if my insurance company offers it?
No. Participation is completely voluntary.
How much does the Best Doctors 2nd Opinion Service cost?
As a Re-Claim Sports Insurance Customer, the Best Doctors 2nd Opinion service is free of charge as often as you require it during your insurance period with us. A comparable service is rare in Malaysia and can cost around US$ 49.00 + per case .
Where do I get more information about Best Doctors?
Call 1800 818 034 to speak to a consultant from Best Doctors for more information.
Where can I purchase the Best Sports Doctors, Sports Insurance Plan?
The Re-Claim Best Sports Doctors Sports Insurance Plan is available online you can compare plans and rates here